for more information, please see the Band Booster Website:https://manzanohighschoolband.shutterfly.com/
SATURDAY, APRIL 22ND, ALL STATE BAND COMPETITION
- All State Band Competition, to be held at V. Sue Cleveland High School
- Rehearsal 4:00-4:45pm at Manzano
- Load buses 5:30pm
- Warmup 7:10pm
- Perform 7:40pm
- Awards 8:40pm
- Back to MHS by 10:00pm
- The middle school solo and ensemble festival is to be held at Roosevelt Middle School in Tijeras, April 29th, starting at 8am
- The Roosevelt music department needs volunteer help to make sure all runs smoothly. Thing we can help with:
- Set up rooms prior to event (Move desks, get pianos arranged, move in music stands, provide chairs)
- Runners to take students to their rooms (and judges and accompanists to their rooms)·
- Runners to take documentation to solo/ensemble organizers
- Runners to bring coffee/snacks to judges
- Registration table
- Signage throughout school to help navigate
- Tear-down and reassemble class rooms
- Snack and water donations
- Are you available to help out? Sign up on the sheet on Mr. Perez' door or contact Ms. Eldred (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SPRING CONCERT, MAY 3RD IN THE CAFETERIA, 6PM.
- We are planning a potluck! The potluck will begin at 5:30, and the concert will start at 6pm
- A sign up sheet will be available on the web (as well as Mr. Perez' door) later this week.
- We will need main dishes, salads, sides, drinks and desserts
- The boosters will provide paper plates, plasticware, cups and napkins. We'll also have a cooler with ice available to put drinks in.
BANQUET, MAY 12TH, FOOTHILLS FELLOWSHIP CHURCH.
- Our annual Band Banquet will be held May 12th at the Foothills Fellowship church.
- Please sign up in the band moms room if you plan to attend!!
- Tickets will be $15 per person if your plan to eat;
- for just a drink or dessert (no dinner) the cost will be $3.
- Seniors are free, but we still need you to sign up in the band moms room so we have a count for the caterer.
- You must have your name on the ticket list to attend! We will take payments and reservations until Monday, May 8th.
- Audra Chaplin is heading the Banquet Committee. If you have an interest in helping out, please contact her (email@example.com).
- Seniors! Send band pictures to David Krawczyk for the banquet video!!!
- We will also need baby pictures and your senior blurb for the banquet program. Please send these to Tammy Eldred (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give them to Mr. Perez. Your blurb must have:
- 1) what you will be doing after graduation
- 2) best band memory
- 3) best memories of Manzano.
BUTTON COMMITTEE! JUNIORS -- MEETINGS ARE GOING ON NOW!
- Button Committee! Juniors! See Mr. Perez for the time and place.
DATES FOR BAND CAMP!
- Dates for next falls band camp have been set: July 24th - Aug. 5th
- Mark your Calendars!!
T-SHIRT DESIGN NEEDED!
- Students, are you artistic? Design next years band shirt!
- Use next years show theme, "Into the light" to design a shirt!
- Designs will be due soon!
DO YOU KNOW AN 8TH GRADER WHO WILL BE STARTING MANZANO NEXT YEAR?
- Let them know 2 years of Marching Band (or ROTC) NOW COUNTS AS A PE CREDIT! This is ONLY for incoming students (Class of 2021 and beyond)
- No need to take summer PE! Join Marching Band!
STILL NEED TO PAY YOUR BAND FEES? DO IT ONLINE! THEY ARE DUE BY MAY 5TH!
- We now have a secure PayPal link that you can access! Click here!
- To use, Click on the drop down menu on the linked page.
- Choose the item you want. (Note that Marching and ColorGuard shoes are a separate fee, since not everyone needs them)
- It will take you to the PayPal page.
- If you want to add another item (like shoes), click on Continue Shopping. It will send you back to our drop down menu.
- When you are done choosing, check out through PayPal.
- Note that we now have two partial payment options, $25 and $50, if you'd like to pay a little at a time.
- PLEASE EMAIL MHSROYALGUARD@GMAIL.COM with the date you paid and your students name after you have submitted your payment online. This is so we can make sure we credit the correct account
TEXT REMINDERS VIA REMIND.COM
- Would you like to receive text reminders of upcoming band events?
- Text @mhsroy to the number 81010
- We’ll schedule the reminders to send 24hrs prior to the event
- Did you know that if you shop at Smiths using your Rewards card you can help support our Band Program?
- Visit SmithsCommunityRewards.com Log into your account, or create a new account.
- Once signed into your account, click on your name in the upper right hand corner
- Scroll down to the bottom of your Account Summary to Community Rewards
- Enter ‘Manzano Band Boosters’ or 83482 (our number)
- Click on the radio button associated with our group
- You’re done! Thanks for your support. You can download these instructions here