Skip To Main Content

Basic Needs Resources

Basic Needs are the minimum necessary elements that people need in order to succeed in their goals; these include food, clothing, shelter, safety. If you are experiencing challenges with food access, housing, or finances, MHS Counselors want to ensure you have resources available to you in your time of need.

University Of New Mexico Hospital School-based Health Center

UNM SBHC serves ALL APS students, not just the ones at the schools where these clinics are located. SBHC sees everyone regardless of insurance or immigration status.

They provide confidential sexual and reproductive health, confidential mental health services, and case management and conduct regular medical care for wellness, including sports physicals, injury, and illness.

Teens can call to make appointments for themselves for confidential sexual and reproductive health services and behavioral health services. Appointments can be scheduled by contacting the clinic directly at (505) 253-0012.

School Based Health Centers

Please check the APS and UNM websites for the most up to date information on School Based Heath Centers (SBHC).

UNM School Based Health Clinics
School Based Health Centers

Student-based Health Center Forms

SBHC Flyer (PDF)


New Day 505-938-1060

Casa Q (LGBTQ+) 505-872-2099

Amistad Youth Shelter 505-877-0371

Crisis Resources

Agora 24-Hour Crisis

(505) 277-3013


NM Crisis and Access Line


1-855-466-7100 (Warmline)

Rape Crisis Center

(505) 266-7711

Children's Grief Center of NM

(505) 323-0478

Suicide Prevention Hotline


Southwest Family Guidance Center

(505) 830-1871

NM Coalition Against Domestic Violence

(505) 246-9240

Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860

Trevor Project: LGBTQ support

1-866-488-7386 or

Text ‘START’ to 678-678

Teens Helping Teens: 1-800-TLC-TEEN

Report Child Abuse & Neglect


Trafficking Hotline



Victim Of Violence

Albuquerque Family Advocacy Center 505-243-2333

On-site Partners: Rape Crisis Center, SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners), Domestic Violence Resources, COAST (1x emergency funds for utilities/rent), NM Legal Aid, ENLACE.

Suicide & Crisis Lifeline

988 Suicide Crisis Lifeline website

Help is available. Speak with someone today. by dialing 988, or visit the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline website.

Available 24 hours/day.

Food Bank

Roadrunner Food Bank has been serving the Albuquerque community since 1979, and they have been partnering directly with APS for many of those years. Innumerable APS families have benefited from this partnership through food pantries on school campuses or “Feed The Children- Weekly Food Bag.”

Please complete this form to apply for this program:

Feed the Children Weekly Food Bag Form

Additional Resources

  • Roadrunner Food Bank 505-349-5340
  • Store House 505-842-6491
  • East Central Health and Social Services Center 505-767-5700
  • Jesus First-Tomas Baca Food Pantry 505-299-2377
  • Presbyterian Hospital Free Meals Program

Aps Clothing Bank

No student should miss a day of school due to inappropriate or inadequate clothing or school supplies. If the student needs basic needs items, please complete this form:

APS Clothing Bank Form

Locker 505 Clothing Bank

Locker #505 student clothing bank  is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that has established a  student-focused facility where children can try on and choose outfits that they feel good about wearing. Having appropriate school clothing allows children to concentrate on their school work, not their clothing.  It also helps keep children, who might not go to class because of their clothes, stay in school.

  • Students MUST be present for appointment.
  • Once referral is received we will contact parent/guardian to make appointment.
  • All services are provided CURBSIDE OR IN-PERSON. If curbside appointment is chosen the parent/guardian will be required to fill out sizing sheet and email form back to Locker#505.
  • Missed appointments with no notice receive one opportunity to reschedule.

To apply for this service, please complete this form:

Locker 505 Form