Frequently Asked Questions
Is the library open after school?
- The library is open for about 15 minutes after school
What is the password to use the databases from home?
- Check with Ms. Eaton for this information -- an email link is on the library homepage. (Unfortunately, the password can't be posted on the library website due to licensing restrictions.)
Do you have any good books?
- Yes! We have lots of great books and if it isn't here, we can do a request from another APS school for the book. Ask Ms. Eaton for recommendations or check one of the websites linked on the library page to find a recommendation.
Do I need my ID to check out a book?
- Yes! You should have your ID on at all times, including coming to the library for books.
How many books can I check out?
- You can check out up to 10 books at a time although we recommend no more than 4 at a time because there is a charge for any lost books.
How long can I keep the books?
- A book is due three weeks after it was checked out and may be renewed up to two additional times.
Is there a late fee if I don't return the books on time?
- We do not charge for library books that are returned after the due date. However, there are charges if a book has been lost or damaged.
Can I use the computer?
- We have computers available for student use -- priority is given to classes and students completing online classes. Students should use the computers for school/academic work and refrain from playing games during the school day.
Can I print?
- Yes, all of the computers are connected to the printer. Make certain to print only what you need and limit non-school related materials. Printing fees may be charged for non-school printing or excessive pages.
Is there a bathroom?
- There are bathroom facilities and a water fountain in the library. Please be respectful of these facilities.